DLNET ThinkDrinks: informal gatherings for people interested in how digital can enhance learning in the cultural sector. No need to book, just turn up. If you have any questions feel free to contact Wilson Yau <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Timings: 6pm to around 10pm.
Venue: Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), 66 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AD. The building is open to the public all day and entry is free.
Room: The Clore Learning Centre is located on the 4th floor of the RIBA and is a new space for the public to engage with and respond to architecture as part of a creative learning programme. It will open in late February 2019 (official opening later this year)
Facilities inside the building (all free): Library, exhibitions, café and bookshop
More info at www.architecture.com
Some people may want to continue discussions at a nearby pub. Here is a list of nearby pubs.
Nearby pubs (link to a map), the first three on the list below are within 5-minutes’ walk. There are wine bars on Marylebone High Street, which is about ten-minute’s walk away:
- Mason’s Arms, 58 Devonshire Street, London, W1W 5EA
Closest pub to the RIBA. Nice atmosphere, serves food and spaces can be booked upstairs
- The Albany, 240 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5QU
Can be busy, very loud at times!
- Green Man, 383 Euston Road Euston, London NW1 3AU
- Horse and Groom, 128 Great Portland Street, London W1W 6PS
Nearest Sam Smiths pub
- Smugglers Tavern, 28 Warren St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 5ND
- Nearest London Underground stations are Oxford Circus, Regents Park and Great Portland Street
- Buses that stop nearby include: C2, 18, 27, 30, 88, 205 and 453
- Bicycle racks are located outside 66 Portland Place and cycle hire docking stations can be found along Portland Place.
- On-street parking is available on Portland Place (A4021) and its vicinity. The RIBA is inside the northern boundary of the Congestion Charging zone.
Accessibility: Lift access to all floors, note the lifts can accommodate most wheelchairs but not some larger motorised wheelchairs. There’s a short ramp to the front entrance